We wanted to let your group know about the 2nd annual A Winter of DNA eConference coming up on Saturday, 25 January 2020. The eConference last year was very successful and had great attendance.
Speakers will be talking about the following:
Louis Kessler – Using Double Matching to Build Triangulation Groups from Segment Matches
Jonny Perl – Chromosome Mapping for Absolute Beginners
Devon Noel Lee – Exploring the Advantages and Disadvantages of Ancestry ThruLines
Paul Woodbury – Anchoring Analysis with Multiple Types of DNA Evidence
The online sessions will begin at 9am Central Time on Saturday, 25 January 2020. Some answers to common questions that people have asked us:
1. Yes, the sessions are live. These are not pre-recorded, so if you have questions, then please ask them in the chat during any of the sessions and we’ll get them answered.
2. Yes there are door prizes. We have DNA kits donated from several companies as well as other prizes.
3. No, you don’t have to be watching the live presentations to win (although we hope you do), everyone who is registered will be eligible to win the DNA kits.
4. Yes, recordings of the sessions will be available for 30 days after the eConference so even if you can’t make the live session, register so that you can watch the recordings.
5. Yes we use our webcams. You don’t have to watch slides all the time. You also get to see people.
6. Yes, this event is open to anyone who wants to register. No need to travel or even change out of your pajamas if you don’t want to.
As with past events there will be a 5th hour panel discussion where you can ask questions about any of the topics or even anything else related to DNA and genetic genealogy. Early bird registration is only $19.99 until January 17th. Regular registration price is $24.99. Learn more at the website (https://www.familyhistoryfanatics.com/winterdna) and register today.
Andrew & Devon Noel Lee
Family History Fanatics
Humble, TX | 346-704-1433